The USA boat market is definitely the place to go for any boat enthusiast when searching for his or her dream boat. It offers great variety and excellent deals on both new and used vessels, which has made it the favorite destination when it comes to choosing a boat.
Considering this, here are the top 10 ways to find a good deal on a boat in USA.
1. eBay: Ebay is by far the best place to go for getting a boat regardless if it is your first one or not. They have excellent prices and even better deals on second hand vessels. And on top of everything, the place is full of dedicated and professional sellers who have tons of experience in selling and shipping boats overseas.
2. New Boats: While the latest models might take a long while to reach foreign markets, they are usually readily available in the USA from the very first day. This provides anyone interested in buying one with a great opportunity for securing a true novelty in the market, which can even be sold at higher prices locally for a profit if you so wish.
3. Flourishing second-hand market: One of the good things about the USA boat market is that the moment new boats come out, many owners immediately upgrade to the new models, creating a market of second hand boats that are all in pristine condition and at great prices.
4. Variety: Having literally thousands of boats to choose from provides potential buyers with the luxury of being able to choose the one of the existing offers that suits them best.
5. Internal government support: If the boat you plan to purchase is meant for business use, then the Australian government (for example) will exempt your purchase form most import taxes.
6. USA Government support: If the boat you choose to acquire happens to be made in the USA, then the USA government will not charge you with any export taxes, which is a nice plus.
7. Negotiation power: The greatest benefit that the variety of the USA boat market offers is that it will give you the ability to negotiate rates and other terms with boat sellers over there, since most likely you will face very similar offerings form various other sellers.
8. Look for known sellers: Ask any of your friends who has successfully imported a boat from the USA to give you the contact details of the seller they did business with. If you are lucky, that seller might just carry the boat you are looking for, and he/she might even give you a discount.
9. Negotiate prices: Use the services of an independent surveyor or of and engineer in order to check the on the state of both the ship and its motor. Any flaw that they find (even a minuscule one) can give you leverage to negotiate a better price.
10. Get Advice: Hire the services of a known and experienced boat shipping company (like the one we offer here at International Boat Transport) and let us handle any shipping and import matter. This will save you a great deal of time and money, making your boat deal even sweeter.