Very few moments are as important and exciting in the life of any boat enthusiast as the moment of buying his or her own boat. However, even though the soon-to-be boat owner might already know exactly the type of boat that he or she would like, the truth is that the offerings outside of the USA market can be quite limited, restricting future boat owners in their choice.
Thankfully, with the existence of services like the ones we provide here at International Boat Transport, importing a boat from the USA represents almost no hassle at all for our customers. This of course, opens up the whole USA boat market for anyone wishing to acquire a boat. So, considering this, here are some of the most popular types of boats available in the USA market.
- Fishing boats: Fishing boats are easily among the most popular boat types in the USA market, and they have been so for quite a long while. However, they’ve been losing ground to cruisers as of late.
- Cruisers: As their name states, cruiser boats are meant entirely for traveling and leisure. These pleasure boats have gained so much popularity as of late that almost anyone considering a boat has it at the top of their list. Cruiser boats, maybe more than any other boat, convey a sense of freedom and exclusiveness that is hard to emulate. So much so that they have become more than mere vessels, they are an entire new lifestyle.
- Bow riders: Bow riders are boats that are specially suited for recreational water sports like water skiing, tubing and swimming, which has made them extremely popular among young people and big families, since they provide a great opportunity for relaxation. They are usually between 17’ and 30’ and tend to have a seating area in the bow.
- Catamarans: This type of boat has only recently been introduced to the market and they usually consist of two hulls joined by a tough frame. Some of the catamaran models sport a sail. But what makes this particular type of boat truly stand out is its versatility, since it is used for sailing, transport and even for sports.
- Deck boats: Glass bottom boats are a great choice for those considering their first pleasure craft since they offer novelty, entertainment and a great deal of originality due to the section of glass located at its bottom. However, the only way to take full advantage of a boat like this is to use it in clear waters were the occupants can see through several meters and enjoy the view.